Shih Tzu Whispers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Sleep Well
Which puppy food did/do you use? EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 3:29 pm by simbalove

» Hi New Member
Which puppy food did/do you use? EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 4:51 pm by simbalove

»  WE HAVE A WINNER OF THE CHRISTMAS PHOTO COMPETITION
Which puppy food did/do you use? EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 3:44 pm by TracyDi

» MY BEAUTIFUL BOY JOSH
Which puppy food did/do you use? EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 12:42 pm by simbalove

» welcome libgor
Which puppy food did/do you use? EmptySat May 27, 2017 7:12 pm by Michele

» Little Guy in Swansea needs a new home
Which puppy food did/do you use? EmptyWed May 24, 2017 11:19 am by simbalove

» Hi my 2 well I think Shih tzus
Which puppy food did/do you use? EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 9:34 pm by Michele

» Welcome Wedgiewolves
Which puppy food did/do you use? EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 4:01 pm by sands-62

» Welcome Sally
Which puppy food did/do you use? EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 7:11 pm by simbalove

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Which puppy food did/do you use?

+5
daisydotes
adele
Jax
Lynne & Gus
claire
9 posters

Go down

Which puppy food did/do you use? Empty Which puppy food did/do you use?

Post by claire Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:32 pm

Hi all,

Just out of interest.. what puppy food did/do you use and find to be best?

Boo was on Pedigree Puppy when she came but we have got her off that and slowly on to James Wellbeloved dry puppy food. She isnt overkeen (although personally i think she's just a fussy madam) but i bought a few different things to try.

She seems to like NatureDiet (puppy) but not so much Nature's Harvest. Have also got some dry Argen Grange for her to try. Obviously only in small quantites and gradually 'cos i dont want to upset her tum!

She does like her cooked veg mixed in with any food!! Very Happy

Any other suggestions to the best food you give that will be the most nutricious??

Claire x
claire
claire
Best of Breed
Best of Breed

Registration date : 2008-10-28
Number of posts : 1478

Back to top Go down

Which puppy food did/do you use? Empty Re: Which puppy food did/do you use?

Post by Lynne & Gus Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:16 pm

Hi Claire.
Well, Gus was on Pedigree too but we changed him to James Wellbeloved and he gets that sometimes mixed with the JWB meat. He likes it, but can be very fussy. Twisted Evil Don't pussyfoot about with them when they get like this - just be strong! Gus goes hungry if he turns his nose up, and the next again day - hey presto - he is wolfing it down!!! yes yes
Lynne & Gus
Lynne & Gus
Best of Breed
Best of Breed

Registration date : 2008-09-25
Number of posts : 1094

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:30 pm

I agree with Lynne....if you pussy foot around and i wouldnt give her choice after choice as you will make her worse, just give her one food thats of good quality and leave it at that, the more you change it the more chance you have of upsetting her delicate stomach.

I raise all my puppies on Eukanuba and also feed this to my adults, they have veg mixed in twice weekley and meat as in mince or chicken once a week and they love it.

Hope this helps 👼

Back to top Go down

Post by Jax Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:32 pm

Mimi is on Natures Menu puppy sachets, she used to love it but is now quite often turning her nose up & leaving it for a day. She is six months old so I'm going to try her on the Natures Menu raw nuggets again, when the sachets have run out.
Jax
Jax
Graduate
Graduate

Registration date : 2008-09-25
Number of posts : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by adele Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:59 pm

mine used to be terrible fussy eater molly was the worst for it and lucy had the runs for weeks when we first got her.
we decided to start them on the natures raw menu, the nuggets are ok if you only have one to feed but with me having three i find it cheaper to use the frozen raw mince, the bloke at pets at home told us its same as the nuggets just in mince form. i take it out the freezer before i go to bed ready for the day after.
anyway sine changing to this they have all been happy even 11 week old ellie our chihuahua, and lucy is only four months old, the good thing about it is that cos its just raw mince you can feed it to any age. you can also mix some veg in now and again too.
i have noticed a real difference since i started using the raw diet about 3 weeks now, not only do they love it but their coats look shiney, their poo is normal, and they don`t have the smelly breath they used to have with other dog foods.
i`m really glad i changed now and would never go back. all my food worries are over Very Happy
adele
adele
Best In Show
Best In Show

Registration date : 2008-09-26
Number of posts : 1562

http://www.evelyndellshihtzus.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by daisydotes Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:09 pm

Mine are on the raw diet as well and like Adele I think it has improved their coats and no poo problems either.

I must admit I don't mess around with my two if they don't eat up quickly i just take the food up and they wait till next mealtime very rarely do they not eat everthing up then.

Which raw mince do you use Adele Question

I have the nuggets but like you say with 2 to feed it works out quite pricey.
daisydotes
daisydotes
Best In Show
Best In Show

Registration date : 2008-09-21
Number of posts : 2688

Back to top Go down

Post by adele Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:29 pm

yes sandra, the mince is in the freezer same place as the nuggets at our PAH you can get big bags of mince for about £3 or single 400g packs for 75p i use the 75p ones cos there is more choice with flavors, they do beef,chicken,lamb, chicken&liver, tripe, fish. i use two packets a day between the three dogs, so in all it costs me £1.50 a day to feed mine although ellie the chihuahua only has a tiny amount so i may need to increase as she gets older.
The bloke at PAH has told me its this is exactly the same stuff as in the nuggets and its the same company.
adele
adele
Best In Show
Best In Show

Back to top Go down

Post by Debbie Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:08 pm

Well Alfie has a bit of a mixture, James Wellbeloved dry food is down all the time then he has cooked chicken most days and occasionally the Natures Menu Nuggets. Alfie has a tendency towards being a bit picky, he will definately hold out for something better if he thinks he'll get away with it lol!
Debbie
Debbie
Best In Show
Best In Show

Number of posts : 3245

http://shihtzuwhispers.org.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Michele Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:22 pm

Wispa was on the dried food Science Plan when we got her but she had an upset tummy from day one, after numerous visits to the vet and antibiotic injections which made no difference the vet said that we would have to try different foods till we found one that suited her, we tried James Wellbeloved puppy which she was fine on until she needed to go onto Adult food and we were back to square one with the upset tummy, and so she is now on Wainwrights and some cooked chicken, but if she has any dairy products we have the poorly tummy again.
Michele
Michele
Best In Show
Best In Show

Registration date : 2008-10-06
Number of posts : 1938

Back to top Go down

Post by Debbie Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:37 pm

Alfie's on the JWB Junior at the moment, he's just turned a year old. I am looking to change his dry food again to another brand to be honest as he's not very excited about it, groan the trouble is I worry too much about what's in these dog foods and it turns into a lengthy research project before I change scratch well it did last time anyway, the staff at Pets at Home must of thought I was mad! tongue
Debbie
Debbie
Best In Show
Best In Show

Number of posts : 3245

http://shihtzuwhispers.org.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaz65 Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:52 pm

When i got Poppy the breeder told me she fed her on James Wellbeloved Puppy. But she wouldn't eat it so i got her Pedigree puppy which she loves. I am going to try her again with the James Wellbeloved Puppy to see if she will eat it now she's more settled. Very Happy
Kaz65
Kaz65
Best In Show
Best In Show

Number of posts : 1975

Back to top Go down

Post by daisydotes Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:55 pm

adele wrote:yes sandra, the mince is in the freezer same place as the nuggets at our PAH you can get big bags of mince for about £3 or single 400g packs for 75p i use the 75p ones cos there is more choice with flavors, they do beef,chicken,lamb, chicken&liver, tripe, fish. i use two packets a day between the three dogs, so in all it costs me £1.50 a day to feed mine although ellie the chihuahua only has a tiny amount so i may need to increase as she gets older.
The bloke at PAH has told me its this is exactly the same stuff as in the nuggets and its the same company.

Thanks Adele will have a look for it next time I am in PAH.
daisydotes
daisydotes
Best In Show
Best In Show

Number of posts : 2688

Back to top Go down

Post by Cazmatch Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:47 pm

Harvey`s on Natures menu nuggets. I always leave dry food out for him too, at the moment it`s a mixture of Pedagree puppy and Gelert puppy mix, which Harvey isn`t so keen on, so once those bags have finished I`ll have to try him on something else.

Cazmatch
Limit Dog or Bitch
Limit Dog or Bitch

Registration date : 2008-10-05
Number of posts : 372

Back to top Go down

Post by adele Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:04 pm

i have found since having my 3 on natures menu that they will not touch normal dog food or any dry food, i used to keek baker complete dry down for them but found that they were giving lucy really bad runs, now i have a big bag of them in back of cupboard that are no good to us.
adele
adele
Best In Show
Best In Show

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down