Shih Tzu Whispers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Similar topics
Latest topics
» Sleep Well
Hi everyone new here getting a puppy shih tzu 29th feb :-) EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 3:29 pm by simbalove

» Hi New Member
Hi everyone new here getting a puppy shih tzu 29th feb :-) EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 4:51 pm by simbalove

»  WE HAVE A WINNER OF THE CHRISTMAS PHOTO COMPETITION
Hi everyone new here getting a puppy shih tzu 29th feb :-) EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 3:44 pm by TracyDi

» MY BEAUTIFUL BOY JOSH
Hi everyone new here getting a puppy shih tzu 29th feb :-) EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 12:42 pm by simbalove

» welcome libgor
Hi everyone new here getting a puppy shih tzu 29th feb :-) EmptySat May 27, 2017 7:12 pm by Michele

» Little Guy in Swansea needs a new home
Hi everyone new here getting a puppy shih tzu 29th feb :-) EmptyWed May 24, 2017 11:19 am by simbalove

» Hi my 2 well I think Shih tzus
Hi everyone new here getting a puppy shih tzu 29th feb :-) EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 9:34 pm by Michele

» Welcome Wedgiewolves
Hi everyone new here getting a puppy shih tzu 29th feb :-) EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 4:01 pm by sands-62

» Welcome Sally
Hi everyone new here getting a puppy shih tzu 29th feb :-) EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 7:11 pm by simbalove

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Hi everyone new here getting a puppy shih tzu 29th feb :-)

+3
sands-62
simbalove
Marley2012
7 posters

Go down

Hi everyone new here getting a puppy shih tzu 29th feb :-) Empty Hi everyone new here getting a puppy shih tzu 29th feb :-)

Post by Marley2012 Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:43 am

Hi Everyone

My name is Shelley Im married with five children, we have two cats and were getting our new puppy Shih tzu in Feburary and were calling her Marley, at the moment shes only 10 days old but keeping upto date with her progress, She's being brought up in a family with six children so shes used to a big family already. Her parents seem very calm and loving which is good.

When I was growing up we always had dogs in my family, and we've always wanted one but wanted to make sure it was the right time. I did alot of research on dog breeds and decided a shih tzu would suit our family.The more ive learnt the more ive falling in love with this breed were all so excited and I cant wait to bring Marley home with us :-)

Ive been doing alot of research but any tips or advise would be much appreciated

look forward to chatting take care

Shelley

Marley2012
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Registration date : 2012-01-10
Number of posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Hi everyone new here getting a puppy shih tzu 29th feb :-) Empty Re: Hi everyone new here getting a puppy shih tzu 29th feb :-)

Post by simbalove Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:00 pm

Hi Shelley how lovely to hear from you and it is really good to hear of someone doing their research before buying Very Happy I can tell you that you will have made the best decision of your life - a shih tzu is a perfect companion and great family dog - they love children even those puppies who have not been brought up in a family do.

There is quite a bit of advice on here already for you to dip into and if you have any specific questions just ask away - we are always ready to help.

I must warn you that the breed is very addictive lol! they steal your heart!!

Looking forward to getting to know you and hearing about your pup as she develops both before and after you get her home xxxx
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Registration date : 2008-09-18
Number of posts : 10573

http://shihtzuwhispers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Hi everyone new here getting a puppy shih tzu 29th feb :-) Empty Re: Hi everyone new here getting a puppy shih tzu 29th feb :-)

Post by sands-62 Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:19 am

Welcome Shelley . You will never regret having chosen a Shih Tzu . I had my first one almost 5 years ago and then got another 3years ago. My only regret is I didn't have one a lot sooner. They are a very loving and loyal breed. Love being with children and as your Marley will have been brought up with 6 children she will be very used to them. My two girls have a very quiet life as I work from home and hubby is retired so they come with us everywhere apart from holidays. But when they visit our grand children they love it and we don't hear a peep out of them when we get home again.You do realise one is not enough ,they are like a box of chocolates!! I am harping on about having a third but hubby won't give in.Look forward to hearing about your little one when you get her - love the name similar to me eldest who is called Mali. Hi everyone new here getting a puppy shih tzu 29th feb :-) 226698
sands-62
sands-62
Best In Show
Best In Show

Registration date : 2009-10-24
Number of posts : 3553

http://csanderson93@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Marley2012 Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:09 am

Thank you for your lovely reply's, I do feel like im already addicted the more I hear and read about them the more I know weve made the right choice, I really cant wait for Marley to come home with us.

Simbalove and sands-62 your dogs look adorable there so cute:)

One question I do have is about Holidays, were hoping to take Marley with us if we go away later in the year, we usually go to a holiday park in the uk does anyone know of any good pet friendly places?

Thanks again Shelley x x x

Marley2012
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Back to top Go down

Post by sands-62 Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:42 am

You mention holidays Shelley. What type of holiday are you thinking of a caravan park. I have found these websites that maybe would help you.
If at all possible try to get either some reviews of people that have been to them or better still 'word of mouth' is always the best .
Our two girls always go to kennels as it gives them a break and I don't worry where they are going to do their business and eat tasha is not fond of going in the car for too long a journey . Also when they are in kennels they see other dogs not with them the kennels they go to are very very good although not salubrious but well looked after.

http://www.petholidayfinder.co.uk/holiday-parks--complex-196-c.asp
http://www.hoseasons.co.uk/holiday-parks/?&bid=97&aid=CD123&opt=
sands-62
sands-62
Best In Show
Best In Show

Back to top Go down

Post by jay16570 Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:21 am

i agree with all the above,its the best thing we ever done was to get ruby,she is our first ever dog,just wished i had got one years ago .just so easy to over spoil.we have always took her with us on holiday,as go camping and most sites allow dogs and are dog friendly.the best place we have found is ingoldmells (skegness)they are so dog friendly they let her in the cafes, pubs,arcades on the beech,and she loves it we will defo be taking her back there this year.
jay16570
jay16570
Limit Dog or Bitch
Limit Dog or Bitch

Registration date : 2011-06-01
Number of posts : 253

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:21 pm

There are a lot of pet friendly places now and if you look on a lot of the cottage websites you will find pet friendly cottages etc. I know of a brilliant place in Scotland but I think your family is a wee bit too big for the chalet. Anglesey is a great place to go as most of the beaches there are dog friendly and we usually find if we ask we can take the dogs into pubs and things too.
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sujay Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:25 pm

Hi Shelley and welcome to both you and Marley. She looks such a cutie in your avatar. One thing I can say is you are in for lot of fun and games over the next few months. Shih Tzu puppies are renowned for mischief, and when you add children to the mix as well, you are going to get no peace at all! The best advice is enjoy Marley while she is young, because they grow so quickly.

Any questions just ask, and we will do our best to help. Smile
sujay
sujay
Supreme Champion
Supreme Champion

Registration date : 2009-07-19
Number of posts : 2636

Back to top Go down

Post by Marley2012 Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:56 pm

[quote="sands-62"] You mention holidays Shelley. What type of holiday are you thinking of a caravan park. I have found these websites that maybe would help you.
If at all possible try to get either some reviews of people that have been to them or better still 'word of mouth' is always the best .
Our two girls always go to kennels as it gives them a break and I don't worry where they are going to do their business and eat tasha is not fond of going in the car for too long a journey . Also when they are in kennels they see other dogs not with them the kennels they go to are very very good although not salubrious but well looked after.

Hi Sands-62, yes we usually go to a caravan park I did find one throught park holidays in kent Marlies farm which is not too far from us, I was hoping we could find a place where there is not too many restrictions on where Marley can go, this one sounds quite good and maybe its just the right one judging by the name Marlie Farm lol! thanks for your help Very Happy

Marley2012
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marley2012 Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:03 pm

jay16570 wrote:i agree with all the above,its the best thing we ever done was to get ruby,she is our first ever dog,just wished i had got one years ago .just so easy to over spoil.we have always took her with us on holiday,as go camping and most sites allow dogs and are dog friendly.the best place we have found is ingoldmells (skegness)they are so dog friendly they let her in the cafes, pubs,arcades on the beech,and she loves it we will defo be taking her back there this year.

thanks Jay16570 thats what im looking for somewhere they will let Marley in too thanks very much will check out how far we are from skegness:D

Marley2012
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marley2012 Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:16 pm

simbalove wrote:There are a lot of pet friendly places now and if you look on a lot of the cottage websites you will find pet friendly cottages etc. I know of a brilliant place in Scotland but I think your family is a wee bit too big for the chalet. Anglesey is a great place to go as most of the beaches there are dog friendly and we usually find if we ask we can take the dogs into pubs and things too.

Thanks Simbalove finding a holiday where we could rent a cottage is a great idea, I will check that out, Scotland is a bit too far for us but maybe when Marleys a bit older and used to car journeys we may try it out.We do have trouble finding places that are big enough for our family some times. We usually go to Cornwall for our holidays which is about a five hour journey but it will be nice to travel around to other places Very Happy

Marley2012
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marley2012 Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:25 pm

sujay wrote:Hi Shelley and welcome to both you and Marley. She looks such a cutie in your avatar. One thing I can say is you are in for lot of fun and games over the next few months. Shih Tzu puppies are renowned for mischief, and when you add children to the mix as well, you are going to get no peace at all! The best advice is enjoy Marley while she is young, because they grow so quickly.

Any questions just ask, and we will do our best to help. Smile

Hi Sujay

I dont get any peace now with my five children:lol!: Im used to it though and wouldnt have it any other way, I'm really looking forward to Marley joining our family and watching her grow up.

Look forward to chatting some more, I've already found some very useful information reading the posts on here its great:D

Marley2012
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Back to top Go down

Post by catbailey19 Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:10 pm

Hi Shelley, not long now till you pick up Marley Smile bet you are so excited.

i have 5 shih tzus, they are my children lol, they are so addictive, they should come with a warning LOL.

Hope to see lots of photos of her when you get her and as shes growing

xx
catbailey19
catbailey19
Graduate
Graduate

Registration date : 2008-10-27
Number of posts : 119

Back to top Go down

Post by Marley2012 Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:06 am

Hi Catbailey

We are all excited and cant wait for her to come home with us, She's just over two weeks old now and just opened her eyes yesterday, I really wanted to go to see her today but I cant go now as im down with a bug so im hoping to get a picture of her until I can go back again.

Everyone is saying how addictive they are and the more Ive read im already thinking maybe once shes a year old we might think about getting another one lol and shes not even here yet oh dear.

Lovely picture of your dogs Very Happy

Marley2012
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:10 am

Well she looks gorgeous in your avatar so you are going to be the proud owner of one very pretty, stunning shih tzu xxx
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sujay Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:17 pm

It is really nice that you can get to see Marley growing from the time she was born. It is a lovely experience watching her grow and become independent from Mum. Make sure you get plenty of photos and please share them with us as we love seeing tiny puppies. Smile
sujay
sujay
Supreme Champion
Supreme Champion

Back to top Go down

Hi everyone new here getting a puppy shih tzu 29th feb :-) Empty JACK

Post by FLloyd43 Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:12 pm

Hi everyone, thank you so much for your friendly welcome to the site.

Jack has been with us now for 2 weeks 2 days. He is absolutely gorgeous, as they all are. He is 8 weeks and 3 days old. He's black with white paws, a white chest and chin.

He's having puppy milk, which he loves. He ignores the water which is left for him, but I do encourage him to have some sips.

Will put a photo on later.

Am looking forward to being part of this great forum.

Freda

FLloyd43
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Registration date : 2012-03-08
Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by sujay Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:30 pm

Glad he is settling in so well, it sounds like he is one spoilt little furbaby. Smile
sujay
sujay
Supreme Champion
Supreme Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by FLloyd43 Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:21 pm

Jack's having his 2nd worming and first vaccination tomorrow.

Freda

FLloyd43
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Registration date : 2012-03-08
Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by sands-62 Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm

FLloyd43 wrote:Jack's having his 2nd worming and first vaccination tomorrow.

Freda

You are very welcome Freda . Anything you need to know about our lovely breed there will always be someone to help. looking forward to hearing all the things Jack gets up to and most of all a photo when you can.

hi piglet
sands-62
sands-62
Best In Show
Best In Show

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:38 pm

Can't wait to see photos of him and getting to know you too xxx
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down