Shih Tzu Whispers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Sleep Well
Sorry to so frustrating :/( - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 3:29 pm by simbalove

» Hi New Member
Sorry to so frustrating :/( - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 4:51 pm by simbalove

»  WE HAVE A WINNER OF THE CHRISTMAS PHOTO COMPETITION
Sorry to so frustrating :/( - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 3:44 pm by TracyDi

» MY BEAUTIFUL BOY JOSH
Sorry to so frustrating :/( - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 12:42 pm by simbalove

» welcome libgor
Sorry to so frustrating :/( - Page 2 EmptySat May 27, 2017 7:12 pm by Michele

» Little Guy in Swansea needs a new home
Sorry to so frustrating :/( - Page 2 EmptyWed May 24, 2017 11:19 am by simbalove

» Hi my 2 well I think Shih tzus
Sorry to so frustrating :/( - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 9:34 pm by Michele

» Welcome Wedgiewolves
Sorry to so frustrating :/( - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 4:01 pm by sands-62

» Welcome Sally
Sorry to so frustrating :/( - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 7:11 pm by simbalove

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Sorry to so frustrating :/(

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Sorry to so frustrating :/( - Page 2 Empty Re: Sorry to so frustrating :/(

Post by sands-62 Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:29 am

I think that Lesley is right on this one they need a bit of variety. The variety pack of Wolf Tucker is ideal for that. I will be trying it once I get down on my Berriewood a bit more. One thing that puts me off is the £6.50 postage, it is a pity it isn't available in shops, so  you could try it out. Of The Berriewood I bought a Chicken, Chicken & Tripe and Beef and Tripe to give them a bit of variety. They also have some chicken wings and some lamb bones. Oh and they also have NM Nuggets for a change too. And yes Lyn the veg does seem to go through them. I am now starting to see a difference in Mali, she has a nice covering on her now. Where before I could feel her ribs, I still can but not as much as before.

Lesley from what you have read above what I am feeding Mali & Tasha is that a good balance or do they need anything else?  They also have Top Coat on as well mainly to stop Mali from itching in this heat, which has slowed it down now, not completely but better.
sands-62
sands-62
Best In Show
Best In Show

Registration date : 2009-10-24
Number of posts : 3553

http://csanderson93@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercedes55 Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:09 am

Carol I would say you are giving a fairly good diet there, not sure if you feed your girls any oily fish but apparently they do benefit from that.  I bought some sprats from Tesco which apparently are very nutritious and I have frozen them as I don't think you give them whole fish at the start of a raw diet.  Some people add all sorts of things to the diet like coconut oil, but I have no idea if giving them that is really necessary as I doubt they would eat coconut oil in the wild.

Lyn
Mercedes55
Mercedes55
Challenge Certificate
Challenge Certificate

Registration date : 2012-08-01
Number of posts : 779

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz b Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:33 am

£6.50 for postage !!!! Jesus Chris that takes the piss !!!hhhhhhmmmmm not paying that much for postage no way ! To the drawing board
Liz b
Liz b
Best In Show
Best In Show

Registration date : 2012-02-13
Number of posts : 1515

Back to top Go down

Post by sands-62 Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:58 am

Liz b wrote:£6.50 for postage !!!! Jesus Chris that takes the piss !!!hhhhhhmmmmm not paying that much for postage no way ! To the drawing board

Liz you do make me laugh, in a nice way. I have to say that is how I feel about postage. On my own  website all my postage is free. I am adding the page link to Wolf Tucker for delivery pricing,  Berriewood don't have a specific page for delivery prices but if you add a few things to the basket you then put in your postcode and it will give you a quote for delivery.

http://www.wolftucker.co.uk/shipping-delivery/    
sands-62
sands-62
Best In Show
Best In Show

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz b Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:49 am

The link does not work :-( I don't expect them to post for free but 6.50 :-@ jaw dropping 
I need to order something today as I am nearly out of nuggets ... Where do ppl ere get there nuggets from ?
Liz b
Liz b
Best In Show
Best In Show

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz b Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:01 am

Went to have a look at nature menu website 7 quid delivery !!!!
Liz b
Liz b
Best In Show
Best In Show

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercedes55 Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:03 am

Liz b wrote:Went to have a look at nature menu website 7 quid delivery !!!!

Liz when I ordered my Natures Menu food the nuggets were all defrosted and I was quite cross with them as they had just put one ice pack on top of them and then sent it Fed Ex.  They sent a replacement and would you believe it, that had defrosted too.  Eventually they just gave me a refund and also credited me back the delivery cost.

If you want to get this food, although quite honestly it's not a food I would get in the future, you would be better off finding a local stockist that can order it in for you.  We have a chain here called Kennelgate and they get regular deliveries from Natures Menu and that is who I got my order through.  If you go onto their website I think there is a link there to find your local stockist.

Just a thought too, Prize Choice is made by the same company and they do the freeflow mince and also chunks of meat too. At least with those you are getting just meat or meat with ground bone, so not paying out money for veg which they don't need.

Lyn
Mercedes55
Mercedes55
Challenge Certificate
Challenge Certificate

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz b Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:11 am

Just ha a look no local stockists the pet shop I spoke to cant get nuggets they said because its only me wanting them :-( the only other place is pets at home and they r a rip off ! But so is the delivery from most of these companies :-(
Liz b
Liz b
Best In Show
Best In Show

Back to top Go down

Post by sands-62 Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:18 am

Sorry about the link Liz it should have been for Berriewood. Here it is and they do Natures Menu too.
Berriewood don't have a specific page for delivery prices but if you add a few things to the basket you then put in your postcode and it will give you a quote for delivery.

http://www.berriewoodwholesale.co.uk/sec/5774/Natures-Menu/
sands-62
sands-62
Best In Show
Best In Show

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz b Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:24 am

I can get 8 bags o the nuggets that's good :-) thing is storage lol
Liz b
Liz b
Best In Show
Best In Show

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz b Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:45 am

Right worked out wolf tucker would come to 26.50 for 6 kg inc delievry 
Or nuggets for 27.03 for 8 kg inc delievry hmmmmmm
Liz b
Liz b
Best In Show
Best In Show

Back to top Go down

Post by sujay Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:47 am

Not sure why Carols link didn't work Liz. Their delivery is brilliant. I know it sounds expensive, but it is a courier delivery and comes very well packed. Dad ordered some a couple of weeks ago, and it came next day and completely frozen still, despite the hot weather. 

http://www.wolftucker.co.uk/shipping-delivery/
sujay
sujay
Supreme Champion
Supreme Champion

Registration date : 2009-07-19
Number of posts : 2636

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz b Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:49 am

6.50 for me :-( expensive though I am trying to work out 6 kg will last mags weighing 7 ( rounding it up) kg crap at maths
Liz b
Liz b
Best In Show
Best In Show

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz b Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:55 am

Worked it out to be 20 days for 6 kg feeding about 150g a day. Now to work out the nuggets
Liz b
Liz b
Best In Show
Best In Show

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz b Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:28 pm

Y
The nuggets should last 40 days at 12 nuggets a day over 8 bags which seems good

Brought the nuggets from Barrie woods :-) going to have to make space I need. Nap my head hurts lol
Liz b
Liz b
Best In Show
Best In Show

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercedes55 Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:32 pm

On the face of it the Natures Menu may seem cheaper as they work out at £3.37kg going by the figures you give.  The wolftucker works out at £4.14kg, however with the wolftucker you are getting 60% chicken with bone, 30% tripe and 10% veg if you buy the sustain variety, but with naturesmenu you only get 15% chicken, 25% tripe, 10% salmon, 5% liver and 43.5% fruit and vegetables.  To me the wolftucker still seems to be the better food, it may be a bit more expensive but if your dogs are pooping out the veggies then I'm not sure how much of the nutrients in it they are getting.  

Lyn
Mercedes55
Mercedes55
Challenge Certificate
Challenge Certificate

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz b Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:47 pm

Well as this is first order or pure frozen raw its a good place to start I am open to the idea of change. I will see how maggie gets on with it but she has never ate so much in her life loves every meal so far.... Eventually wanna get Henry on the wagon but he has a runny tum with most new things so will tackle mags an then Henry.
Liz b
Liz b
Best In Show
Best In Show

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercedes55 Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:20 pm

Liz I didn't realise you were only feeing raw to one of your dogs. It is harder I know, I have the same problem with Daisy as the 500gram packs don't divide evenly into the 150grams a day that she needs, which is why I bought the nuggets in the first place too. I think my first order was for 2 of the banquet nuggets, 2 of the active nuggets and 2 of the fruit and vegetable ones. Now if I had realised how much vegetables are in the other ones I wouldn't have wasted my money on the fruit and vegetable ones. Another option is the Prize Choice as they do the freeflow mince and it really does defrost to a nice meaty texture and they do one with tripe too. I think you can get them from the same place as they are made by the same company.

Lyn
Mercedes55
Mercedes55
Challenge Certificate
Challenge Certificate

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz b Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:45 pm

I will put both on but wanted to do it right first with mags Henry will have the runs so wanna make sure I am clear with mags because I don't want two dogs up and down with it... 
As for the dividing it up 500 g should last 3 days not sure how long it keeps
Liz b
Liz b
Best In Show
Best In Show

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercedes55 Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:56 pm

Yeah you don't want two dogs having problems, although hopefully they will be fine. When I changed Daisy over I just fed her kibble one day and started on the raw food the next. Considering she'd had a long period of having tummy troubles I was a bit worried that the change over might upset her but she was fine.

With the wolftucker food I know you can keep it a few days but I tend to keep food for Daisy for the same length of time I would for myself and I wouldn't keep food defrosted for 3 days in my fridge that I was going to eat. Now I know dogs can handle food past it's use by date far better than we can and at some point I am going to have to order a more suitable food so I will see how things are when I run out of the Natures Menu. I have found another local supplier who can get me some of the MVM foods but am waiting for them to have enough orders in my area to set up a delivery run. I can't even remember exactly what I ordered but I think it was beef, liver and heart chunks and some dried treats but I have no idea how much it's going to cost.

Lyn
Mercedes55
Mercedes55
Challenge Certificate
Challenge Certificate

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:33 pm

The food is frozen when you put it into the fridge so it is quite safe to be in there for 3 days but honestly I don't see what the problem is as it won't be hanging around for long.  It isn't a use by date lol!

It is far better quality than the Prize Choice freeflow - and I know as i was using that prior to wolftucker.

Whatever you feed raw is going to be better for your dogs than the kibble....

As for Henry Liz - the reason I fed Josh on raw in the first place was because of a gut problem...and we haven't looked back.

Strangely he is 8 years old now and this year was the first time he had a tummy upset and they both did and it was nothing to do with food.  So once in eight years for a dicky tummy is not that bad Very Happy
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Registration date : 2008-09-18
Number of posts : 10573

http://shihtzuwhispers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz b Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:42 pm

I think Henry will benefit he is a sluggish lazy boy an Ido think that's down to diet the kibble is good quality but u can't bet really meat 

Maggie goes to number two less and less ichy she also has ate every morn and dinner since which she would never do sometime she would not eat for a few day unless it was treats started to worry vet said it was because having something that dry when u wake up is not nice like us eatting crackers two times a day... 
One thing she does is shake her food which is messy :-(
Liz b
Liz b
Best In Show
Best In Show

Back to top Go down

Post by sands-62 Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:44 am

Mali is starting to get a little layer over her ribs now. She is booked in to have her booster on Friday so it will be interesting to see if she has put any weight on as she was weighed at the vets in January and was 5.25 kg. before starting on raw she was always a little thin on her backbone but not any more. She still has an off day now and then when she won't eat, I just put it back in the fridge until next meal. This happened on Sunday, she ate well Saturday night,Sunday nothing at all and even Monday morning only ate a tiny bit. I was expecting her to throw up but no. Ate well Monday evening threw up while I was out yesterday morning so you know who had to clean it up, oh dear!! she is eating ok again now. They are both so funny they will lie in the kitchen with their food down but won't touch it until I realise I haven't given them either a piece of cheese with it or any cold meat, then they will wolf it down. If we have a roast on a Sunday they can smell the meat cooking and they will do the same again, refuse to eat until they can have a bit of it on their meal. Spoilt absolutely spoilt children.
sands-62
sands-62
Best In Show
Best In Show

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz b Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:07 am

Maggie sounds the same will give or take eatting always been a mission to feed her she has ate all her raw though :-) but go days without a single nibble ....I prob have not helped cause I do the same with the roast or anything cooking that she wants :-@ naughty me
Liz b
Liz b
Best In Show
Best In Show

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz b Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:09 am

I have noticed her hair is more oily that's a good thing because se ha really dry skin patches an he hair was always course so it's all good this may help with the hot spots
Liz b
Liz b
Best In Show
Best In Show

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next