Shih Tzu Whispers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Sleep Well
Hello I am new......and I would like a Tzu! EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 3:29 pm by simbalove

» Hi New Member
Hello I am new......and I would like a Tzu! EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 4:51 pm by simbalove

»  WE HAVE A WINNER OF THE CHRISTMAS PHOTO COMPETITION
Hello I am new......and I would like a Tzu! EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 3:44 pm by TracyDi

» MY BEAUTIFUL BOY JOSH
Hello I am new......and I would like a Tzu! EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 12:42 pm by simbalove

» welcome libgor
Hello I am new......and I would like a Tzu! EmptySat May 27, 2017 7:12 pm by Michele

» Little Guy in Swansea needs a new home
Hello I am new......and I would like a Tzu! EmptyWed May 24, 2017 11:19 am by simbalove

» Hi my 2 well I think Shih tzus
Hello I am new......and I would like a Tzu! EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 9:34 pm by Michele

» Welcome Wedgiewolves
Hello I am new......and I would like a Tzu! EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 4:01 pm by sands-62

» Welcome Sally
Hello I am new......and I would like a Tzu! EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 7:11 pm by simbalove

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Hello I am new......and I would like a Tzu!

+2
sands-62
HeatherB
6 posters

Go down

Hello I am new......and I would like a Tzu! Empty Hello I am new......and I would like a Tzu!

Post by HeatherB Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:32 pm

Hello my name is Heather, I am hoping to get a little Tzu-baby soon!
I have no children and puppy would come with me to work in our Post Office, any advice welcome.
I had a Pekingese before but sadly no longer and miss him, he was ten.
Love your site, and great to know about the breed in advance, and what to expect!
I can't wait as they do look wonderful little guys.x

HeatherB
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Registration date : 2011-12-07
Number of posts : 24

Back to top Go down

Hello I am new......and I would like a Tzu! Empty Re: Hello I am new......and I would like a Tzu!

Post by sands-62 Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:51 pm

You are very welcome on here Heather. I may be biased but I have found the Shih Tzu is the best breed in the world.There are a lot of us on here that can give you lot's of advice so what ever you want know ask away. We are all a very friendly bunch. I have two Shih Tzu's so beware they are addictive. Mine are both girls 3 & 4 years old Mali & Tasha.
sands-62
sands-62
Best In Show
Best In Show

Registration date : 2009-10-24
Number of posts : 3553

http://csanderson93@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Hello I am new......and I would like a Tzu! Empty Re: Hello I am new......and I would like a Tzu!

Post by carlita Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:04 pm

Hello I am new......and I would like a Tzu! 844148 we love our litttle ones to bits ,they are happy loving little dogs
carlita
carlita
Open Dog or Bitch
Open Dog or Bitch

Registration date : 2008-10-03
Number of posts : 691

http://www.freewebs.com/carlitashihtzus

Back to top Go down

Post by sujay Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:29 am

Hi Heather and welcome to Whispers. You could not have come to a better place to learn about the breed. We are all Shih Tzu fanatics here, and can tell you many tales of their adventures! Well done on trying to find everything about the breed before you are owned by one. I will answer more on your other post. Smile

hi piglet welcome 3 welcome 2 welcome wavey
sujay
sujay
Supreme Champion
Supreme Champion

Registration date : 2009-07-19
Number of posts : 2636

Back to top Go down

Post by suzytzu Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:18 pm

hi piglet Hi, Heather and congratulations on your decision to own a shih tzu< but be warned not many people end up with just one, my husband and I now are the proud owners of 8. This site is so helpful and im sure you will get plenty of support. The only thing I would like to say is that shih tzus are people dogs, they thrive on human company 24/7 so be prepared for your new baby to follow you every where even the bathroom!! They are also very partial to sleeping in your bedroom as they dont like to be far away from you.
I always start off with good intentions, I sleep with them at night downstairs, to settle them in, and some of them have been ok to be left on there own after a few nights, but some just cant do it they need that close contact, so its trial and error and will depend on their personality or im just too soft and spoil them but wouldnt have it anyother way. So enjoy your new baby, as you will never own a better dog than a shih tzu. good luck sue x
suzytzu
suzytzu
Graduate
Graduate

Registration date : 2011-04-26
Number of posts : 234

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:14 pm

Welcome from me - have put a very long response in your other thread Very Happy xxx
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Registration date : 2008-09-18
Number of posts : 10573

http://shihtzuwhispers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by HeatherB Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:27 pm

Hello everyone! Thanks for all the support, after reading up I have really decided that this is the breed for me and I think that I might have persuaded my hubby as well - he spends a fortune on his cars so he can't complain! I will be on the look out for a puppy in the new year, think I would like a little girl, I had a boy Peke but everyone thought he was a girl because of his long coat! I don't want to breed her but I like the little 'top knot' and bow that suits a girl more I think. I am thinking about names, I like Tasha and Mali, so pretty!
This is my current fave list, Pixie, Coral, Trinket, Fancy, Charm,
Any other ideas for girl Tzu names?

HeatherB
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Registration date : 2011-12-07
Number of posts : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:09 am

I have had a Jasmine, Precious, Opal, Gemma, Suki, Ming and Poppy in the past. Mum has had Tuppence, Jodie, Peggi Sou and Kizzie. I also like Lily, Lotus and Blossom - along an oriental theme Very Happy Hope that gets your brain going xxxx
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Registration date : 2008-09-18
Number of posts : 10573

http://shihtzuwhispers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by sands-62 Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:06 pm

HeatherB wrote:Hello everyone! Thanks for all the support, after reading up I have really decided that this is the breed for me and I think that I might have persuaded my hubby as well - he spends a fortune on his cars so he can't complain! I will be on the look out for a puppy in the new year, think I would like a little girl, I had a boy Peke but everyone thought he was a girl because of his long coat! I don't want to breed her but I like the little 'top knot' and bow that suits a girl more I think. I am thinking about names, I like Tasha and Mali, so pretty!
This is my current fave list, Pixie, Coral, Trinket, Fancy, Charm,
Any other ideas for girl Tzu names?

Mali is a Welsh name after a character called Sali Mali but it also has a meaning I found Beloved which I thought appropriate. Wheeeeen I am allowed a brother for Mali & Tasha I would like to call him Hector or Hamish. girls names I like are Holly, Pippa,Brandy, Suki. there are lots of websites with name ideas.
sands-62
sands-62
Best In Show
Best In Show

Registration date : 2009-10-24
Number of posts : 3553

http://csanderson93@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by suzytzu Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:12 pm

Hi, we have a Sophie, Meg, Maisy, Ruby, Amber Heidi, I also like Jasmine, Willow, and Evie or Ebony if shes black. Oh its so exciting I feel really envious xx
suzytzu
suzytzu
Graduate
Graduate

Registration date : 2011-04-26
Number of posts : 234

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum